Wednesday 8 September 2010

CASTING

We're really excited to announce, the lead (and only) role in the short film the Fear of Living. After an extremely exciting audition tape, we just had to cast him. Please meet ZIAD EL-HADY.




"Hey there, my name is Ziad El-Hady and am relatively new to the acting world after having completed a BA and MA in philosophy. While my switch into acting is largely out of love for it, I’d only be kidding myself if I assumed that the lack of career options that two degrees in philosophy offers didn’t have something to do with it. I have been attempting, however artificially, to integrate the two disciplines together. And by this, I’m not quite talking about sitting on a rock in the face of a sun-set horizon, resting my chin on my knuckles pondering ‘why do we act?’ and ‘what is the purpose of performance?’ as picturesque as that is. It’s more about what makes human reality, the voluntary mental configuration involved, and the principles that motivate us - which I’m sure I would be taught much more acutely in any drama school without the mental fat that comes with thinking about it yourself, but drama schools just aren’t as fun as developing something within your own mind sometimes. I’ve been fortunate enough to have been cast as lead in two feature films, both of which are about 90% complete. I’m very much looking forward to working with Robin and Leigh on ‘The Fear of Living’ short. I loved the script and the idea behind it and connected to the character instantly (not a common thing). Cue the philosophical question, ‘what does it mean to connect to a character?’ haha, I’m just messing. I suppose I can’t give away too much but I’m hoping it’d be quite an unnerving piece once finished. Hope you all enjoy it"

No comments:

Post a Comment